STUDIO ASSISTANT (SEWING)
Designed for Dogs are a luxury British pet bedding company. All our products are designed and handmade in-house by our excellent team of skilled seamstresses and shipped to our customers across the UK and abroad. Primarily selling online via our own website and several platforms we are a hard-working, fast-growing company and are looking to add to our team.
We are looking for 1-2 people to help out our team with duties including:
- Assist in the studio with tasks such as cutting fabric, preparing zips, ironing
- Operation of embroidery machine
- Assisting in the studio lifting large or heavy items inc fabric rolls
- Accepting, unpacking and checking deliveries
- Preparation of orders for dispatch
- Assisting with regular stock-take
- Keeping studios clean & tidy
- Preparation for events – loading & unloading
- Potential to join us working away at events/shows
Hours of work: Full or Part-Time weekdays, to be discussed with the successful candidate(s)
Our ideal candidate
- You will be hard working, motivated and a pro-active person, and it helps if you like dogs!
- You will work quickly and diligently
- You are reliable, trustworthy and honest.
- You will need to be physically fit & healthy as this job does involve some lifting of heavy items such as large fabric rolls etc and you will be on your feet a lot.
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
- You must have a full driving licence and your own transport due to our rural location at Wickenby Airfield, LN3 5AX
This could be a brilliant opportunity for a school or college leaver to get started in the workplace with the opportunity for further training, to become a Seamstress / Sewing Machinist, or involved in other areas of the business from product design to e-commerce.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent rates of pay
- 20 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time).
- A great place to work as part of a supportive team.
- Training and development - if you show interest and potential we’ll help you to achieve excellence.
How to apply:
Please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com
(This is your chance to shine - your covering letter should tell us what appeals about the role & company and why you’d be a great addition to our team)
Any enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07821 206736 during normal office hours (please do not DM).
Please include full employment & education history with 2 references.
Closing date: 5pm Friday 14th January 2022